Watford Fencing Club is a friendly club based at the Nuffield Health Fitness Club at the Royal Masonic School for Girls in Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire.
We cater for fencers of all abilities and tastes, so whether you are a beginner, have just started doing competitions, moving up the national rankings, or just enjoy fencing for a bit of relaxation, we are the club for you.
Watford Fencing Club train every Wednesday from 20:00 to 22:00 and is lucky enough to be one of the few fencing clubs within Hertfordshire to operate 50 weeks of the year, only closing for a fortnight over Christmas and New Year.
Each session consists of the following schedule:
- 20:00 to 20:20 – Group Warm-up
- 20:20 to 21:30 – Electric Free Fencing / Sparring
- 20:00 to 22:00 – Individual Lessons
- 21:35 to 22:00 – Group Footwork
We have a number of membership options available:
- Over 20’s Annual Membership – £256
- Payable in four quarterly instalments of £64
- Under 20’s Annual Membership – £216
- Payable in four quarterly instalments of £54
- Monthly – £24
- Non-annual agreement with rolling monthly instalments.
- Nightly/Visitors – £9
If you join us as a full member paying quarterly/monthly or if you prefer to pay nightly, you will get your first night FREE. Even visitors get their first visit to us for FREE.
NOTE: Currently we are unable to offer one-to-one coaching or loan of club equipment to nightly paying visitors.
The club fees (with the exception of Nightly/Visitor fees) include the use of all equipment, comprising clothing, masks, weapons and electronic scoring boxes.
But it is recommended that if you are going to take up fencing on a regular basis that you invest in your own equipment!
British Fencing Membership
Membership to British Fencing is mandatory for all club members and visitors.
- Compete Membership – Entitles you to fence as many competitions as you like per year.
- Recreational Membership – This limits you to fencing at a local club, but not at competitions.
Starter Membership is provided for FREE to all beginners that register onto one of our beginners courses.
Full members and visitors are required to provide proof of membership when registering with the club.